Plastic mold design is based on correct plastic product […]
Plastic mold design is based on correct plastic product design. Mold design and manufacturing are closely related to plastic processing. The success or failure of plastic processing depends largely on the mold design effect and mold manufacturing quality. The structural elements that plastic mold design needs to think of are the following:
1. Parting surface, that is, the contact surface where the concave mold and the convex mold cooperate with each other when the mold is closed. The selection of its location and form is affected by factors such as product shape and appearance, wall thickness, molding method, post-processing technology, mold type and structure, demolding method and molding machine structure.
2. Structural parts, namely the slider, inclined top, and straight top block of complex molds. The design of structural parts is very critical and is related to the life, processing cycle, cost, product quality, etc. Design.
3. Mold precision, namely avoiding jams, precise position fixation, guide posts, position fixation pins, etc. The position fixation system is related to the appearance quality of the product, the quality and the life of the mold. According to the different mold structure, different position fixation methods are selected. The position fixation accuracy control mainly depends on processing. Easy-to-adjust position fixing method.
4. The pouring system, that is, the feed channel from the nozzle of the injection molding machine to the cavity, including the main flow channel, the runner channel, the gate and the cold material cavity. In particular, the selection of the gate position should be conducive to the molten plastic filling the cavity in a good flow state. The solid runner and gate cold material attached to the product are easy to eject from the mold and be removed when the mold is opened. Except for road model).
5. Plastic shrinkage rate and various factors that affect the dimensional accuracy of products, such as mold manufacturing and assembly errors, mold wear, etc. In addition, when designing compression molds and injection molds, the matching of process and structural parameters of the molding machine should also be considered.