1. Cavity layout. According to the geometric structure […]
1. Cavity layout. According to the geometric structure characteristics of plastic parts, dimensional accuracy requirements, batch size, mold manufacturing difficulty, mold cost, etc., determine the number of cavities and their arrangement.
2. Determine the parting surface. The position of the parting surface should be conducive to mold processing, exhaust, demolding and forming operations, surface quality of plastic parts, etc.
3. Determine the pouring system (the shape, position, and size of the main sprue, sub-runner, and gate) and the exhaust system (exhaust method, exhaust slot location, and size).
4. Select the ejection method (ejection rod, ejector tube, push plate, combined ejection), determine the undercut treatment method, and core pulling method.
5. Decide on the cooling and heating method, the shape and position of the heating and cooling groove, and the installation location of the heating element.
6. According to the mold material, strength calculation or empirical data, determine the thickness and external dimensions of the mold parts, the external structure and the position of all connections, positioning and guides.
7. Determine the structure of the main molded parts and structural parts.
8. Consider the strength of each part of the mold and calculate the working dimensions of the molded parts.